This online 15hr course is accredited by Mental Health First Aid England.
Completion of this course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider and gives you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- The course is valued at£300 per person.(50% discounts available for BTCA Members, key workers or large organisation group bookings)
- Four online sessions of approx two hours duration, plus self study and activity units consisting of around 7+ additional hours.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
TakeawaysEveryone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health